Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Do You Believe?
A Few nights after Tony passed away, I said outloud. I need to know your watching over us. I was watching a documentary on You Tube. I had a dinner tray in front of me and had my computer and cigarettes with lighter sitting on top of it. Blu and I both jumped at the same time when my lighter fell off my pack of cigarettes. The table was a full foot away from the couch. I sat there and stared at that lighter and then said Thank You. They say ask for something that seems impossible. I actually couldn't think of a single thing. I actually believe in spirits leaving us signs. Although when I worked at the hospital it was more pranks than signs. I started out on 1st shift there and one day another housekeeper and I were standing at her cart chatting. The carts were metal and had a metal lip around the whole top to keep you equipment from falling off. In the middle of one of her sentences a spray bottle just jumped off her cart and fell to the floor. We both looked at each other and then the bottle and back to each other. Both of our eyes could not have gotten any wider open than they were. We both actually laughed. When I started 3rd shift, I went in to clean a room. I always would raise the bed up high so I wouldn't have to bend over and then would spray it down with disinfectant so it could sit the required 10 minutes while I cleaned the rest of the room. I went over to start cleaning the sink area and in the mirror I see the bed going down. I walked back over and attempted to push the up button but the bed wouldnt raise back up. I proudly announced to the room. Thats fine, you have your fun but that is going to make my back really ache bad having to stoop over and in the mirror I see the bed going back up. Always polite I tell the room Thank You. After my Mom passed and my first night back to work I was going into a room to clean it. There was a male nurse in there gathering up all the equipment they had used on the patient. I start as usual with the bed and I heard the name Suzy Q whispered. I turn to him and Im thinking that wasn't a male voice and besides only my Mom called me that as my middle name is Sue. I turned back to start spraying the bed and the nurse says " Are we just going to pretend we didnt hear that voice say Suzy Q "? I didnt think he had heard it. He laughed and said " Well I'm not Suzy Q. So who is "? I told him " me ". He thought it was really neat. Before the night was over the whole staff in the hospital was talking about it. I have so many stories from my 20 years working there. Someone asked me one time didn't those events freak me out and I honestly had to say no. I certainly didn't ask for them but just accepted them as they happened. Never thought of them as scary but I never saw any people walking around who had passed on, as that would have shook me up for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment