Friday, October 2, 2026
My Boyfriend Tony
My boyfriend Tony who I lived with for 18 years, passed away in March of this year.
I just feel lost, hurt and angry.
I've never been one for sharing, especially putting a voice to my feelings to anyone.
I get angry because I was his full time
Caregiver over his health as it started failing.
I felt like it was up to me to keep him safe and I feel like I failed both of us. It was so unexpected.
He went into the hospital January and in February they discovered he had esophageal cancer in the late stages. I know I shouldn't punish myself but I cant stop wondering how the heck did we miss that.
His daughter had him brought home on March 21st at 4 p.m. on hospice as he always said he wanted to pass away at home. At 12:30 a.m. on
March 22nd he was gone. The one thing that brings joy to me was he knew he was home.
That morning my watch was over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment