Friday, August 14, 2026

So Unexpected...

I'm lying here wide awake @ 1:30 a.m. My older sister passed away yesterday morning. It was not expected. She would have turned 69 on the 18th of this month. She had been in the hospital several weeks ago, dehydrated, borderline sepsis and had a absess pocket on her kidney. They hydrated her and put her on strong antibiotics. They kept her in there several days and then said all was well and she could go home. I messaged her every few days like I akways have and she said she was fine just tired. I messaged her Monday around 3:30 and I assumed she was busy at work and would message me back later. I didnt hear back from her so I thought well I'll just call her after work on Tuesday. Tuesday morning my sister Debbie got a message that our niece had found her Mom laying in her apartment floor. unconscious. They airlifted her from Jonesboro,AR to Memphis, TN. Hydrating her on the way. My niece and her husband left for Memphis. When Marsha arrived at the hospital, they sedated and intubated her. They said she had a bad infection in her kidneys and was Septic. My nephew ftom Illinois was driving there and when he got there they told her kids that her heart was failing and other organs were shutting down. They didn't think she would make it through the night. They held her hands and talked to her, they had removed the breathing tube and took her off the sedation meds and she was still unconscious. She made it through the night and the drs. decided to put her on 24 hour dialysis. She made it through the day with body temperature and blood pressure fluctuations. The kids went home to get some rest but at 2 a.m. she had passed away. I lost Tony and my older sister in less thsn 6 months. My Grief has just multiplied.

No comments: