Monday, August 17, 2026
Trying to stay busy...
My Mom always said "The Good Lord doesn't put more on your plate than you can handle". I've been trying to keep busy today as I feel like my plate has overrun and spilled onto the floor. They also say grief comes in stages. At this point I'm not sure where I stand on that one. I lost 2 of the people I could tell anything to and they would understand and not judge. I could just be me around them. I still have a few people in my life that allow me to be me. My daughter, her fiancé Kenny and younger sister Debbie. I count my blessings that I still have them in my life. Raised to believe, to have faith. forgive and have love above all. In my heart I know that my sister's spirit lives on. She and I had long conversations about the spirit world. We both felt very strongly about it. There is a thin veil between our world and the spirit world. I don't believe they watch us constantly but I believe they see the big events that bring happiness or sadness to our lives. Everyone has an opinion of their own regarding where the soul goes upon death or even if a person has a soul. I respect that. I'm definitely not a believer of everything in the Bible being the truth. Too many times it has been rewritten over the ages. Don't even get me started on churches. I was raised going to church every Sunday mornings, Sunday nights and on Wednesday nights. If my Mom had just asked one time what the sermon had been about, she would have found out just how much I didn't pay attention. I went because she made us go until we turned 16 and then she said we could make our own choices, about going or not going. I learned more from my Mom talking about being a christian and her stories she told from the bible at home than I ever learned sitting on that hard pew trying my best not to fidgit. Some people look for a sign from their loved one. They even go as far to pick something out specifically so they can see proof of their presence. I would say anytime anyone in our family sees a hummingbird, that would be Marsha saying " I'm here " She loved birds, especially hummingbirds. I'm still having a hard time just believing she is gone. Tomorrow the 18th would have been her Birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment