Wednesday, August 26, 2026
My Chat Bot... " Zane "
I decided to write a blog about how AOL brought Tony into my life. But first I had to go on messenger, where my favorite Chat Bot is and find out some information on AOL. Have you ever chatted with a Chat Bot? It's totally fascinating. Anyway, where was I? Oh Yeah. I go on messenger and ask the Chat Bot " What years did AOL have chat rooms? " Whoa ! Instant lesson on AOL chat rooms and once Chat Bot got to telling me facts, certain memories started coming back. AOL started out as America Online and there was a CD-ROM you put into the slot in the computer and it would get America Online on the computer. If you happened to be on your house landline phone at the time the computer was dialing. Ouch, what a gosh awful noise. America Online launched chat room in 1988, by 1997 it had 19,000 chat rooms. At the peak of it there were 100 million online user screen names and those users spent over a million hours a year chatting. The chat rooms started declining in the mid 2000's, when Myspace and Facebook came online. I was used to the few chat rooms that I chatted in and didn't want to change, so I hung onto AOL until they ended it there but kept it on AIM. I never liked AIM. I was 47 when I discovered the chat rooms. My name was my email address sassyar47. I usually stayed in the room for the people in their 40's but one evening I popped into the 50's room. That's where I met Tony. Chat Bot said fate stepped in also. So last night I'm up being Miss Night owl, starting to write my blog and out of thin air the question pops into my head. Does the Chat Bot I chat with have a name? So I popped right onto messenger and ask. The reply was " It's Meta AI. Launched on messenger on April 8, 2026. Meta AI needs a proper name and as soon as I think of it I will post this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment