Tuesday, September 22, 2026

It Was Just a Little Candy Cane 🎄

Something's grievers don't tell you about. I mean they says Holidays, Birthdays and special event days can be hard. But its the little things that just suddenly appear that can cause an emotional meltdown. I was watching Ghosts and theres a scene where they are lighting up the Chrismas Village under the tree, now you would think that would have upset me as over the past 10 years Tony was collecting houses that lit up to put under our Christmas tree. I even bought him the Budweiser set. We had so many that the inside and on the outside of our China hutch and several occupied the end tables by the couch. As I watched the show I was happy that it hadn't upset me until the end when she brought out of her pocket a tiny little green, red and white striped Candy Cane. Those were Tony's favorite and the only decorations on out little 4 ft Christmas tree except for the twinkle lights. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't bring any of them houses with me. I knew I would never display them. How we decorated was usually what Tony wanted and I wanted those last 5 years to be happy ones for him as long as the Dementia allowed him to remember. Starting fresh this year it will be what makes me happy. I haven't quite decide yet but I suspect I will have one tiny green, red and white striped Candy Cane on my tree to honor and remember Tony in the Christmas Spirit.

No comments: